I love the beautiful colors of bell peppers. Usually, the red ones are my favorite because I love the color when I make this dish. Be sure to select peppers that stand up right.
Stuffed Peppers with Cheese
- 2 large bell peppers can use any color
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbs such as thyme rose-marry, oregano, basil or a combination
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup can black beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup graded mixed cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice each pepper in half long ways; remove seeds. Place peppers in a lightly buttered baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil, cook the onion, garlic, and herbs until soft. About 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine onion mixture, meat, rice, canned black beans, lemon pepper, salt, and parsley. Spoon mixture into the peppers.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until piping hot and fully cooked in the center. Serve.