Tomato tea sandwiches are small and delicious. I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to form hearts in white bread. The contrast between the red tomatoes and white bread is perfect for color. The ingredients are so simple, there are only four. This is a fun dish for an afternoon date with your husband or dear friend. I like to plate them on a salad plate in a circle as shown with parsley but it is also beautiful with fresh fruit in the center.
Tomato Tea Sandwiches
- Heart or circle shaped cookie cutter
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. container of Garden Vegetable cream cheese
- 12 slices of white bread
- approximately 1 spoonful of sliced drained green olives with pimento from jar
- Cut bread out with a cookie cutter. I used a heart-shaped one, but you can do circles as well.
- Spread garden vegetable cream cheese on each slice.
- Slice tomatoes and drain thoroughly between layers of paper towels.
- Place a tomato slice on top of 12 heart shapes.
- Add second bread heart to top of tomato to form a stack.
- Use a small dollop of cream cheese on the top of the sandwich and add a green olive slice with pimento.