This quiche is perfect for afternoon tea, brunch, and wonderful for breakfast over the weekend. It’s packed with fresh asparagus and crispy bacon.
Asparagus and Bacon Quiche
So simple to make and perfect for teatime or a weekend brunch.
- 1 9-inch store-bought pie crust
- 6 strips of bacon
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with store-bought pie crust and crimp the edge.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs, salt, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into strips and fry on medium heat. Place on paper towel to drain.
- In skillet from bacon remove all drippings except for one teaspoon. Add onions and asparagus and cook until soft but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Layer the onion and asparagus mixture into the pie shell then scatter the bacon on top.
- Whisk the egg mixture again and add the parmesan cheese. Blend well and pour over the top of the bacon in the pie shell.
- Place pie on baking sheet and bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting into wedges for serving.
This recipe can be served warm or at room temperature.