Happy Cinco de Mayo Day! For dinner this evening we are having a Mexican Frito salad. It’s a mix between a taco or Mexican corn salad. It’s a great recipe for any time of the year.
Mexican Frito Salad
This salad is a mix between a taco or Mexican corn salad. It's a great recipe for any time of the year!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons Taco Blend or 1 package of Taco Seasoning
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- Lettuce of choice I used butter lettuce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican mix
- 1 cup frito corn chips
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped
- Salsa of choice
- Brown ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and chopped onion. Cook till onions are tender.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, and green chilies. Stir well. Continue cooking for five minutes.
- Line bowl with lettuce leaves, and chopped lettuce on top.
- Sprinkle a handful of Frito chips over the lettuce.
- Chop up tomatoes, onions, and sliced avocadoes. Place in bowls for toppings on salad. Add sour cream, cheese, salsa of your choice in additional bowls for topping.
- On top of lettuce bowls with chips add meat mixture and let everyone top with their choice of toppings.