These scones are moist with a little tartness from the apricot, and a slight sweetness from the chocolate. There is a special kind of comfort in every bite. A great recipe to make with a child or friend or a gift to share with a neighbor hot out of the oven.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup milk for brushing tops of scones
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut butter into ½ inch cubes and add to flour mixture. Mix together until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl whisk together cream and egg. Combine cream mixture to flour mixture and knead until combined.
- Add chopped apricots, walnuts, and white chocolate chips.
- With a lightly floured work surface pat out the dough to a thickness of about ¾ inch, using a 2 ½ to 2 ¾ inch cookie cutter. Cut the dough into circles. Gather the scraps of dough together and repeat until the dough has been used to make all circles.
- Transfer the circles to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with milk.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container. You may also drizzle with melted white chocolate