I’m always asked how to prepare Artichokes, so here is a simple recipe you can share with friends. I like to pair it with a sandwich and maybe a dish of cottage cheese.
- 2 artichokes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- For the artichoke use a serrated knife cut off the top of the artichoke. Cut each leaf with scissors so the points are gone.
- Add artichokes to a pot of boiling water with olive oil, salt and thyme cover with a lid. When the water starts to boil reduce heat to simmer. Cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain the artichokes up side down in a colander until they are cool enough to handle.
- Make dipping sauce. Warm butter a little and add the other ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate while artichokes are cooking.
- You may cut your artichokes in half and remove the purple and white center at this time or leave whole.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- To eat artichokes, peel off a leaf at a time. Dip each leaf in dipping sauce and use your teeth to scrape off the meat of the leaf.
One thought on “How to Cook Artichokes”
My hubby is the artichoke fan. He likes his with garlic butter. I would like ti try them with your dipping sauce..