Egg salad sandwiches are light and creamy and perfect for afternoon tea parties. They are simple to make and delicious. You can use the mixture on different breads like croissants, rye, whole grain wheat, or pumpernickel. Another way is to serve it as a lettuce wrap adding avocado, bacon, or even sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. A scope on lettuce or greens in a teacup is pretty for a lady’s lunch. It can even be served on crackers for a snack the way my husband likes it.
It really is perfect for an afternoon tea, lunch, brunch, light dinner, or afternoon snack. I like having eggs already prepared from Costco. If you don’t already have hard-boiled eggs on hand it takes little time to boil them.
Once the mixture is made it can be stored in an airtight container and placed in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
- Hard Boil eggs the night before
- You will need approximately 10-12 hard boiled eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill for garnish or rosemary
- White Pumpernickel or rye bread cut into 30 circles
- Butter for spreading on bread
- Paprika for color
- Boil eggs day before and refrigerate
- Use egg chopper to chop up eggs
- Mix the chopped eggs with sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chopped green onions, Tabasco sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Butter each bread circle
- Spread egg salad on prepared bread circles
- Place a small sprig of dill on top of each sandwich and sprinkle with paprika
- Ready to Serve