Not sure what the weather is like where you live, but I find these mini tarts are a favorite in any type of weather. So come join me for friendship and sweetness in the kitchen today.
Mini Fruit Tarts
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (extra for dusting)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh fruit for topping (I use kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- plum jelly
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- Unroll pie crust. Use round 6 inch cookie cutter to make mini crusts. Place each round into mini muffin tins and press the circle into sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until light golden brown around edges. Remove from oven and let them cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then place on wire rack as you make your filling.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese and heavy cream with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low and add powdered sugar a little at a time until creamy & smooth.
- Add vanilla and blend.
- Fill pipping bag with mixture and pipe filling into each tart.
- Place fresh fruit on top of filling.
- Warm plum jelly then brush on top of fruit tart.
- Refrigerate. Serve within 3 hours. You may also dust tops of tarts with powdered sugar before serving.