Serves: 8 dozen
- 2 cups butter softened
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 oz bittersweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 24 oz. white vanilla baking chips
- 1½ cup maraschino cherries without stems, coarsely chopped, well drained
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 48 maraschino cherries drained, each cut in half
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets. In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate, vanilla and eggs.
- On low speed, beat in flour, cocoa and baking soda until mixed. Fold in 1 cup of the vanilla baking chips and the cherries. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until set. DO NOT OVER BAKE!
- Cool 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, place remaining vanilla baking chips and oil. Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave in 10 second increments stirring after each time, until melting and smooth. Spoon drop of mixture in center of each cookie; top each with cherry half. Drizzle remaining mixture over cookies.