Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup Peanut Butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Butter at room temperature
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar Sifted
- 1/4 cup Milk
- In a bowl mix peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer until fully combined.
- Add powdered sugar.
- First mix at a lower speed, then at a higher speed.
- Add milk as necessary one tablespoon at a time until it is right consistency
- Spread frosting on cupcakes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Again being home bound I used what I had in my kitchen when I made the frosting. All I had on hand was crunchy peanut butter so I used that instead. I had to spread the cupcakes with a knife instead of using a piping bag but it tasted just as good.
If you use creamy peanut butter in your recipe you can use a pastry bag and tip and it makes a beautiful topping. Here is how I have done it before.
This time I used a muffin pan instead of a regular sized cupcake pan. I do this often times so I can share it with my husband.
P.S. These are great for Birthday’s or as mini cupcakes for tea parties.