There is nothing better than a spoonful of homemade lemon curd on a fresh baked scone. It’s a creamy and tart spread that you’ll want to make every time you have some extra lemons.
This can be enjoyed on so many baked goods or as a filling for cakes and cupcakes.
- 3 lemons, zest
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place eggs and sugar together in a medium pot on the stove at low heat and whisk until well blended.
- Turn heat up to medium and add lemon juice, zest, salt, and butter. Whisking until comes to a boil.
- Continue whisking until the mixture thickens. (it will thicken more as it cools)
- Pour the mixture over a wire strainer to get out lumps.
- After lumps are removed, pour into a jar or container.
- Allow to cool, then store in refridgerater.