We love using this recipe of cupcakes and frosting for afternoon Birthday Tea Parties. You could make them for your enjoyment at home during this social distancing time.
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
- 1 box (3.3 oz) white chocolate instant pudding mix
- fresh mint
- sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Puree strawberries in blender until smooth. Use enough strawberries to yield 3/4 cup of puree. Mix puree with milk and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter for one minute. Then add sugar and beat well. Next add eggs and continue to beat.
- Add the flour mixture and the strawberry mixture to the large bowl a little at a time until blended.
- Use measuring cups or ice cream cooper and pour to fill muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in muffin pans for 10 minutes then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Place a metal mixing bowl and beater in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Puree fresh or frozen strawberries.
- In the chilled mixing bowl add whipping cream, strawberry puree and pudding mix.
- Mix on medium to high until soft peaks form. Do not over mix.
- Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with additional sliced strawberries and mint. Store in refrigerator.
- If you have any left over frosting it can be stored in a container in the refrigerate for up to 3 days. I like to use leftovers as a cream for scones.
Serve and Enjoy!