Blackberry Walnut Stars
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup blackberry jam
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in flour. Shape into a ball; cover and chill for 15 minutes. On a slightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/4 inch thickness. Cut approximately 70 stars, 35 large stars about 2 1/2 inch and 35 small stars about 1 1/2 inch.
- Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Brush small stars with egg white and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Leave large stars plain. Bake on parchment lined cookie sheets at 350°F for about 10 minutes for the small stars and 12 minutes for the large stars or until the tips begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- To assemble spread enough jam over large star to cover the center. Top with a small star press lightly; jam should show around edge of small star. Leave out to set before you store them. Enjoy!
One thought on “Blackberry Walnut Star Cookies”