A simple sugar cookie recipe that is always a favorite in our house. Perfect for tea parties and tea trays!
- 1¼ cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 cup Flour, sifted
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 4 Cubes Irish Butter, Softened
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Whip butter in a mixer until fluffy
- In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt
- Slowly add flour mixture to fluffy butterMix until dough forms into a loose ball, chill for approximately 30 minutes
- Lightly flour board, roll out and cut dough with favorite cookie cutter
- On cookie sheet place parchment paper and cut out cookies.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
- ***Note***For the chocolate cookies follow the same recipe and add the cocoa powder with the dry ingredients