Some people feel meat loaf is boring, but you can serve it with mash potatoes, a side vegetable and it makes for a wonderful dinner. As a lighter meal in lettuce wraps or a hearty meatloaf sandwich on a roll. Serve this sandwich with a cup of soup and share it with with a friend for a great lunch.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 3 cloves of minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon each of rosemary and thyme
- 2 drops tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worchestire sauce
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ pound of sausage meat
- ¾ cup of fresh cut up bread cubes
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in skillet and add onions, carrots, celery, bell peppers, oregano, thyme and garlic. Stir often until the moisture from vegetables have evaporated. Cool.
- Combine eggs, lemon pepper, Tabasco sauce and Worchestire sauce in mixing bowl, beat well. Add ketchup, milk and blend well.
- Add ground beef, sausage, parmesan cheese and bread cubes to egg mixture. Next add the cooked vegetables and mix with your hands till well combined.
- Form combined mixture into a ball then into a oval shape.
- Place meat oval into a baking dish
- Mix the ketchup and mustard for topping. Coat the top of the meatloaf.
- Place pan in oven and roast for 1 hour.
- Transfer meatloaf to carving board. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy.