This salad is impressive enough to serve alone for lunch, or for a busy night dinner. The salad has more flavor than you would expect. Also, the lettuce almonds, and mandarin oranges give it a crunch and sweetness. It has a tropical taste to it. Serve it over greens for a healthy lunch or dinner option. You have many possibilities on how to serve it. Sliced chicken, shrimp, more fruit, or plain.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon juice of lime
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup mandarin orange sections
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- optional shrimp or sliced chicken
- 1 heard chopped romaine lettuce
- lemon pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice each pepper in half long ways; remove seeds. Place peppers in a lightly buttered baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil, cook the onion, garlic, and herbs until soft. About 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine onion mixture, meat, rice, canned black beans, lemon pepper, salt, and parsley. Spoon mixture into the peppers.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until piping hot and fully cooked in the center. Serve.