This salad is impressive enough to serve alone for lunch, or for busy night dinner. The salad has more flavor than you would expect. Also, the lettuce almonds and mandarin oranges give it a crunch and sweetness. It has a tropical taste to it. Serve it over greens for a healthy lunch or dinner option. You have many possibilities on how to serve it. Sliced chicken, shrimp, more fruit, or plain.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon juice of lime
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup mandarin orange sections
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- optional shrimp or sliced chicken
- 1 heard chopped romaine lettuce
- lemon pepper
- Cut romaine into bite size pieces and add to a salad bowl.
- Add the almonds and mandarine orange sections.
- To make salad dressings, combine all the salad dressing ingredients in cup and stir well. The dressing can be stored in refrigerator for future use.
- Serve the salad with the dressing to the side or mix well and serve.
- At this point you can add shrimp or chicken. Sprinkle with lemon pepper for added flavor.