The first Monday in September is Labor Day.
Many people have the day off to celebrate the holiday. We can say goodbye to summer and welcome fall with a picnic or barbecue party. Family and friends gather to have fun and enjoy many activities such as throwing a football or practicing for the football season for the men and boys. We ladies like to chat and share recipes, so here is a great salad recipe for picnics, lunch, and a stand-alone for a light dinner.
Mediterranean Fettuccine Salad
- 1 lb. box fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green bell pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 1 15oz can of whole baby corn drained and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 small english cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 a lime juiced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot prepare fettuccine according to package directions. I sometimes make this the day before. When cool, cut into 1 inch strips.
- Chop and slice ingredients.
- Additional Chopped ingredients.
- Place all ingredients for salad dressing in a measuring cup, stir well and place in refridgerator.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add Feta cheese and cilantro.
- Toss salad then add desired amount of dressing. Toss again and serve.
Have a wonderful weekend,