Serves: 10 Scones
Serving Size: 1 Scone
A delicious seasonal treat to share with friends and family!
- 1¾ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Tsp. Allspice
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 2½ Tsp. Baking Powder
- 5 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, chilled, cut into pieces
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 6 Tbsp. Half and Half
- 1 Large Egg, beaten to blend
- 2 Tbsp. Orange Peel
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, then add the butter cutting in until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the half and half, egg, and orange peel.
- Add this mixture to the dry mixture and stir until the dough just comes together.
- Transfer it to a lightly floured work surface, then knead a couple of times and shape into ½" thick round.
- Roll out and cut with a round cookie cutter.
- Separate the pieces and transfer them to a nonstick, parchment-lined, or lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake the scones in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F. for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- You may brush the tops with some milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.