In my last post, I made corn and crab chowder using the container of lump crab I got from Costco. Now I’m using the rest of the crab meat to make crab melts. This makes great lunch meals or finger food for entertaining. Enjoy!
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 dashes of Tabasco sauce or to taste (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices of sourdough bread cut in half
- 2 tablespoons softened butter for spreading on bread before baking
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients except bread and butter in a mixing bowl. Blend to combine being careful not to break up crab pieces too much. Set aside.
- Place sourdough bread on baking sheet and place in the oven for about 4 minutes to toast a little.
- Remove from the oven, butter bread lightly, and spoon crab mixture over each slice of bread.
- Top with parsely and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Place back in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until it looks light and golden brown.
- Serve open- face and hot.
Here are some of the ingredients I used: