Chicken Stuffed with Asparagus
This is a recipe I make for me and my husband to enjoy together. My husband loves it. I like to serve it with rice and freshly sliced garden tomatoes.
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 to 8 asparagus stalks with ends trimmed
- 4 cherry tomatoes chopped
- slices of swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing (store bought or homemade) I use Olive Garden dressing
- 2 tooth picks
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place Chicken on meat cutting board. Cut each chicken breast length wise to create a pocket. Do not cut all the way through.
- Sprinkle all the seasonings around and inside picket of chicken breast.
- Add asparagus, chopped tomatoes and Swiss cheese slices inside the pocket. Close tight with a tooth pick.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Brown chicken breasts until they are golden brown. About 3 minutes per side.
- Place in baking dish and drizzle with the Italian dressing on top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
Here are some of the ingredients I used in this recipe: