The nice thing about a tea party is everything is done in advance, even the hostess can relax and enjoy her time with friends. There are so many savory cheese sandwich recipes out there, but today we would like to share our recipe. It’s full of flavor and easy to make.
If you have a tired tray, these go well on the bottom level with a mixture of other mini tea sandwiches or served on a beautiful serving tray. I like using these little tea sandwiches for afternoon tea dates with my husband. They are perfect for small little bites.
Cheese Tea Sandwiches
This cheese sandwich is a simple blend of flavors and goes well with so many of our tea parties. The cheese filling is also great served on crackers for an afternoon snack.
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (save small amount for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- whole wheat bread
- chopped or sliced red pepper
- small lettuce leaf or herb of your choice
- Place all ingredients in a bowl except bread and toppings and blend well
- Transfer mixture to airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut bread into circles.
- Spread mixture on half of the bread circles. Top with the second circle slice after spreading mixture.
- Top with chopped red pepper and herb of your choice.
For those of you who do not have a lot of time, in the deli sections of your supermarket, you can purchase a pimento cheese dip and use it as a spread.