Fudge and Almond Cookies
Need a cookie? These fudge and almond cookies can be enjoyed by your family or delivered to your friends and neighbors. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips melted
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almond slices
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add egg and extract. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cream of tartar to the cream mixture. Stir in the chopped almonds. Cover and refrigerate while you make the filling
- Combine the melted chocolate melts and almond extract until blended
- Take dough from refrigerator and form into small 1 inch balls. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Use a teaspoon to make indentation in center of each cookie.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling mixture into the center of each cookie. Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool.
One thought on “Fudge and Almond Cookies”