Serves: serves 2
- Batch of Hollandaise Sauce*
- 2 english muffins
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 eggs
- chives and paprika for garnish
- Make a batch of Hollandaise Sauce*
- Poach eggs*
- Toast english muffins until lightly browned
- Heat ham by dipping into the hot water you used for poaching eggs.
- top each english muffin with a slice of warmed ham.
- Place a poached egg on ham.
- Spoon equal amounts of Hollandaise Sauce over each egg
- Garnish the top with chives and paprika. (I add asparagus, avocado, tomatoes or other vegetables to add color to my plate)
- Serve immediately
Serves: 1 cup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- ¼ cup boiling water
- juice of ½ a lemon on to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Microwave butter on low until completely melted. Do not let it boil.
- Add yolks to milk and butter using a hand blender making sure the mixture is fluffy combined.
- Slowly add the boiling water into the egg yolk mixture while blending.
- Add lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt. Continue blending.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Add 2” of water to large pot, then add white vinegar. Bring to boiling point. Meanwhile crack eggs into 4 cups or ramekins
- Turn down heat on water till the water is still but bubbles are still at the bottom. Carefully put each egg into the hot water one at a time.
- Cook eggs until they are cooked to your liking. The white should be firm.
- When eggs are done, remove with a slotted spoon, one egg at a time onto paper towels to soak off water. Serve eggs on toast