I love eggplant. So I’m using what I have at home today from my pantry and refrigerator. I know I wanted to bake the eggplant because it is so much more appetizing. It turned out sooo good.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups gluten free breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs)
- garlic olive oil
- truffle seasoning or seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and coat with oil. (You can use a pastry brush or your fingers).
- Peel and slice eggplant about 1/4 inch thick. In a small bowl whisk the egg and water together. Pour the gluten free breadcrumbs in a bowl and set aside.
- Dip the eggplant slices in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumbs and set on baking sheet.
- Once you've finished the process drizzle the garlic olive oil on each slice of eggplant.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, turn teach slice over and bake for another 15-20 minutes. When finished cooking it should be a nice golden brown.
- After coming out of the oven sprinkle truffle salt all over it.
- They can be served hot or cold. Enjoy!
I served this with angle hair pasta and marinara sauce along with a small salad. It was a lovely dinner. We had left overs so we decided to freeze them to enjoy for another meal during this social distancing time.
P.S. Don’t laugh because the angel hair was not gluten free.
Have a wonderful day,