Corn and Crab Chowder
This chowder is so creamy and full of flavor. Can be served with a favorite cracker.
- 6 slices of thick bacon cut in ½ inch strip pieces
- 1 cup crab meat
- 1 onion diced
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped mini carrots
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon red peppers flakes
- 1 4 oz. can of diced green peppers
- ½ teaspoon garlic seasoning (of your choice)
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley, chives, or herb of your choice
Cut bacon into strips and cook in a large pot slowly until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels. Put half of the bacon aside for chowder toppings when you serve.
After pouring off bacon fat from pot, saute onion and celery in the same pot with a tablespoon of bacon fat and butter over medium heat
Add half of the bacon pieces and all of the other ingredients except crab and heavy cream. Simmer for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add crab and heavy cream and simmer about 5 minutes more.
Serve with topping of your choice. Enjoy!