When you think about summertime, potato salad is one of the side dishes that always comes to mind. It is wonderful with all the grilled and barbequed food we enjoy during the summer. It is also a great salad to serve with a favorite sandwich at lunchtime during those hot summer days. There are so many ways to make this classic salad!
Summertime Potato Salad
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 boiled eggs chopped
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 4 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup pimento stuffed olives drained and chopped
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon French's yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh parsley
- paprika to sprinkle
- sliced hard boiled egg
- fresh parsley or rosemary
- Add potatoes to a large pot of salted water. Cook until tender but still firm, about 20 minutes; drain. Set aside to cool. Once cooled peel and cube in a large bowl. Refrigerate till later.
- Place eggs in sauce pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove from water. Let cool and then peel and dice in the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add drained and chopped pimento stuffed olives to bowl with potatoes and eggs. Chop vegetables and place in large bowl.
- Combine all the other ingredients and gently mix.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve plated with fresh parsley or rosemary and dash of paprika and sliced egg.
Here are some of the ingredients I used: