This salad is impressive enough to serve alone for lunch, or for a busy night dinner. The salad has more flavor than you would expect. Also the lettuce almonds and mandarin oranges gives it a crunch and sweetness. It has a tropical taste to it. Serve it over greens for a healthy lunch or dinner option. You have many possibilities on how to serve it. Sliced chicken, shrimp, more fruit or plain.
Serves: serves 2
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon juice of lime
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup mandarin orange sections
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- optional shrimp or sliced chicken
- 1 heard chopped romaine lettuce
- lemon pepper
- Cut romaine into bite size pieces and add to a salad bowl.
- Add the almonds and mandarine orange sections.
- To make salad dressings, combine all the salad dressing ingredients in cup and stir well. The dressing can be stored in refrigerator for future use.
- Serve the salad with the dressing to the side or mix well and serve.
- At this point you can add shrimp or chicken. Sprinkle with lemon pepper for added flavor.