Serving Size: A Bowl
This recipe for Corn Chowder is a simple, yet delicious and hearty soup that is perfect for those cold winter days!
- 2 Tbsp. Pure Irish Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Olive Oil (Redstone Infused Olive Oils)
- 1 Large Chopped Onion
- ½ Cup Chopped Celery
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Cubed Potatoes (Red or Russet)
- 1 Can of Creamed Corn
- 3 Cup Fresh or Frozen Corn
- 2 Tbsp. Cane Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp. White Pepper
- A Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Cups Milk (I prefer to use Half and Half)
- ¾ Cup Chopped Cooked Bacon
- 1½ Cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Sprigs Chopped Parsley
- Melt butter and oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté celery and onions until tender.
- Add flour and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken stock, potatoes, corn, sugar, salt, white pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes
- Add milk and simmer until soup has thickened to a creamy consistency, about 15 minutes
- Garnish with cheese, chopped parsley, and chopped bacon and serve warm.